How to Enhance Forms Using jQuery UI
What is Framework ?
Frameworks are increasingly becoming the de facto standard for web development as well as web design. Framework is a reusable set of libraries or classes used in developing complex software. Microsoft .NET framework, Java Springs framework and entity framework are some of the popular frameworks used in the industry.
Creating an appealing UI takes a lot of time and it’s a not a easy task for web developers. This is where jQuery UI dives in. It makes creating UI so much easier without compromising speed and quality. In this tutorial we are going to enhance a HTML form using jQuery UI, so let’s get started
→ Getting started!
→ Classification of CSS classes.
→ Themeing form elements.
What is jQuery UI?
UI is an important factor while developing any web application or websites. jQuery UI is a powerful UI framework which supplies almost all standard widgets like tabs, accordions, sliders etc. But its main power lies in the CSS framework which solves all the problems while working with the UI parts. It also provides a theme roller application which we can use to modify settings of the framework at the granular level thereby making it the most versatile framework available.
In this tutorial we will be working with the form elements using jQuery UI.
- We will need jQuery UI, you can download it from here.
- Since jQuery UI 1.8 has been released, we will be using it.
jQuery UI provides a collection of powerful css classes that makes the foundations of all the UI elements. First of all
- Download the jQuery UI.
- Upon downloading, extract the zip file and you should see the following js, css and development-bundle folders.
- Create a html file .
- Go to css folder > custom-theme , link the css file.
- Now go to the js folder and add the jQuery custom .js file, don’t forgot to add jQuery.js before that.
Use PassCertification latest and updated sap certification preparation and sap certification questions for your exam preparation. Try our EMC certification preparation sample Q & A and CCNP Security Preparation resources for sure success in final exam.
This entry was posted on Monday, April 5th, 2010 at 19:05 and is filed under Tutorials. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
35 Responses »
- Tweets that mention Enhancing Forms using jQuery UI | TutToaster -- Topsy.com
- Enhancing Forms using jQuery UI | Design Newz
- How to Enhance Forms using jQuery UI | Design Shack
- Linktipps der Woche 14-2010
- This Weeks Twitter Design News Roundup N.32 - Speckyboy Design Magazine
- 50 Useful jQuery Plugins to Enhance your Forms - Noupe Design Blog
- 50 Useful jQuery Plugins to Enhance your Forms | Woupe Design Blog
- 15 Simple & Effective jQuery Plugins that Enhance Your Forms | Bitmag
- 15 jQuery Plugins for Simple & Effective Forms User Interface | Blog for designers web developers bloggers freelancers SEO
Leave a Response
We do love friendly, well-constructed and respective comments. We do not love bitchy, stupid and disrespectful comments. Find something wrong in this post?, feel free to send us a note and we will fix the issue asap.